Singularity is a Community Driven container solution designed for HPC, AI, ML & performance critical batch processing. Singularity leverages a single executable file that can be cryptographically signed, fully auditable, highly secure, encrypted, and easily portable. Singularity is for your applications in the data center, cloud, or edge.
WE ARE DRIVING OPEN STANDARDS INTO Singularity
Compliant with OCI registries (both SIF and OCI container formats)
Integrates with existing public key services like HKP and SKS
Compatible with Hashicorp Vault for container and encryption secrets
SYSTEM TO SYSTEM
ENVIRONMENTS CAN EASILY BE COPIED AND EXECUTED ON OTHER PLATFORMS
We designed Singularity for HPC batch workloads because existing container systems fell short or not compatible in these environments.
We have found further use cases for single file, portable, “rootless” access as a highly secure container solution that can run all applications directly from an encrypted state for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and on edge devices whether big or small.
Security, open standards, performance, and portability are the design principles of our optimized container platform.
Run Natively & Encrypted
• Run natively within user security-contexts
• Block all privilege escalation from within the container
• Integrate with MPI, Resource Managers, GPUs, InfiniBand
• Leverage performant shared storage for container images
• Support existing data security and management (POSIX)
Lightwieght & Scalable
• Use containers at massive scale
• Singularity is very lightweight and optimized for performance
• Trust containers and workloads cryptographically
• Encrypt containers with no decrypted data persisted
• Scalably run Singularity containers across a large number of nodes via shared storage (NFS, CIFS, Lustre, GPFS, etc.)
Easy to integrate, simple to use, extremely secure, fast, and scalable.
100% trust and validation of containerized workloads, providing accountability, immutability, provenance, and DevSecOps guarantees
Integrates with existing PKI (public key infrastructure) or leverage our community driven HKP Keystore
Encryption of container image and integration with secrets management systems (e.g. HashiCorp’s Vault) to protect the data, IP, AI models, and workload during storage, transport, and execution of containers
The container solution for all your computing needs.